When ranking websites, Google evaluates their reliability at once according to several criteria – SEO quality, behavioral factors, quality and originality of content, and backlinks. The latter is very important, as they are direct indicators of all the factors that we have listed – if users share a link to your pages, it means that your SEO worked, your content is really good quality and unique, and by the time users arrived to the opinion of the need to re-post the link to your content, they have already shown good behavioral factors on your page. As you can see, it is impossible to throw out any of the links in this chain, and backlinks are the most important. In this article, we talk about how to get them.
Get First Links with Google My Business and Testimonials Website
If your site is completely new, then in general, you can create the first links manually. To do this, sign up for Google My Business, Clutch, as well as on local websites where users can read reviews of companies. For now, you just need to register, fill out profiles, telling about your company, and add a link to your site.
Post Guest Articles
Guest posts are the most classic way to get backlinks. And by the way, if you do everything right, it will also help you get an influx of new target audiences that will help your site become popular. So what do you need to know about guest posting?
- You need to find the right site
In order to get the double effect of guest posting, that is, a backlink and a new audience, you need to find the right site. It should be a platform that works with you in one niche, and whose users have approximately the same problems that your company solves.
There are two options. Either you need to search manually, for example, enter in the search – your keyword + write a guest post, or you can use a special service, for example, the Adsy, to find the most suitable platforms for publishing.
- You need to be able to agree
After you have found a suitable site, you need to be able to agree on the publication and convince the editor that your article will be worthy to occupy a place on the site.
In order to do this, you need to:
- study the specifics of the site on which you want to publish an article,
- come up with an interesting topic that has not yet been discussed on the site, plus provide an outline of the article, a list of keywords and a list of sources that you plan to use for research,
- if possible, find the editor on social networks, make friends with him and write him a private message.
- You need to write quality content that will be accepted by the editor on the first try
Most likely, after you agree on the publication, the editor will send you a list of requirements that the content on their site should comply with. Be sure to familiarize yourself with these requirements and make sure that you have completed all of them before submitting the final version of your article. This point is very important because editors of popular sites most often do not even read content that does not comply with their internal rules, and it is very unlikely that you will get another chance.
- You need to enter your link in the most organic way possible
This is also a very important point, as this is exactly what we are striving for – a backlink, plus an influx of new audiences. But in order for this to work, your link should look as organic as possible and in no case cause an obsessive sense of advertising. Here are some ways to enter your link and make it non-promotional.
- In this case, you need to list several sites, including your own. Just be careful not to list competitors. Look for something similar in topic, but something that won’t compete directly with you.
- You can insert your personal quote, any useful insight and write something like “Your Name, Founder at Your Website says that …”. Typically, such quotes work well because they show expertise.
- This is also a good way – write your bio as an expert author of the article and put a link to your project. Just keep in mind that not all users read the article to the end, however, the link will be present anyway.
Create Something Really Cool and Promote It via Social Media
This is the most complex but the most organic way to get backlinks. You need to create some very cool content that will solve the problem of users best of all in the vastness of the network and distribute it on social media, on your website, in forums – wherever you can. If your material turned out to be of high enough quality, the users themselves will begin to create links to the page of your site where this material is located.
Build Internal Links
Internal links are another good indicator for Google. Moreover, as soon as you link thematically related articles to each other, you immediately get more user engagement and improved behavioral factors as they move across your site from one article to another. There are several schemes on how to link articles among themselves, choose the most suitable option for yourself.
Hint! If there are still few articles on your site, write three to five articles on approximately one topic and link them to each other. Further, choose the next question and do the same.
Use a Specialized Tool
All these strategies are certainly good, but there is another way to get an all-inclusive service and raise your site to Google’s top 10 in 3-6 months. For example, you can contact Linksmanagement and completely outsource this task to the specialists who know what to do with your website.
Yes, this method will require some investment, but on the other hand, you will get the most comprehensive strategy for gradually building up quality backlinks. Be sure to think about this opportunity if you feel that you do not have time to do it all yourself and every day.