Covid-19 affected almost all sectors of the global economy at the very beginning of 2020. As a result, most sectors reported losses. But, to a large extent, eCommerce remained untouched from the detrimental effects of the pandemic. It has been possible due to online operations. As a result, logo makers and eCommerce business owners have been the biggest beneficiary of this positive attribute.
Despite long periods of lockdowns worldwide, the eCommerce industry attained an estimated growth of $3.914 trillion, according to Business Insider. Though not as huge as expected in 2019, this figure reflects the better performance of the eCommerce industry across the globe compared to other sectors in the pandemic period.
Now that the world is clawing back to normalcy, the global eCommerce industry faces the challenge of capitalizing on its current growth trends. A proven strategy for lead generation and its implementation to turn them into customers will keep playing a vital role in shaping its success in the future.
Different Reasons That Affect Conversion Rate
After a successful lead generation, every eCommerce business wants to convert leads into sales. The aspects that influence this process are more or less the same for all companies with a functional website. An eCommerce website also follows the same process. As a result, the reasons that affect the conversion rate information on it are also the same as other websites.
Upon analyzing carefully, you would find several factors compressed together to cause a conversion rate for a brand. In broad
terms, these include the following:
- The Lack Of Value Proposal: Value proposition is the key to convert leads into sales. Most customers give a greater value than what they spend from the products or services of an eCommerce store. Yes, a visually pleasing or feature-rich eCommerce website can grab the attention of visitors or the traffic. But value proposal can make or break the deal for the determination of conversion rate on it.
- The Lack Of Relevance: Relevance is the next important thing that encourages businesses to buy a product on an eCommerce store. Your eCommerce store should be arranged so that visitors can quickly find the specific product they are looking for. The quicker it happens, the better. For instance, if a visitor comes to your eCommerce store searching for sports shoes, they should be able to navigate to the section that deals with them quickly.
- The Lack Of Clarity: Unless the visitors to your website understand what you wish to communicate to them, they are unlikely to consider buying anything. For higher conversion, the content on your eCommerce business website must communicate your brand’s message to the target audience.
- Anxiety: Nine out of ten customers rely on a credible eCommerce website to purchase their preferred products. Encryption can help protect the confidentiality of the financial and other important details of customers. Being less anxious about the security of personal details customers provide while making a transaction on an eCommerce website boosts their confidence. This confident feeling culminates in higher sales.
- Distraction: Distractions in large images and animations can be counter-productive for increasing the conversion rate on an eCommerce website. So, you must remove such distractions from your website if you want to boost the conversion rate on it.
- The Lack Of Urgency: Want quick conversion results on your eCommerce website? Show a sense of urgency for it. The sure-fire way to do it is to include some lucrative offers or schemes for a limited time.
Tips To Enhance The Design Of Your eCommerce Website.
A functional design is as much important for an eCommerce website as its features. They are like both sides of a coin that make an eCommerce website relevant to visitors.
However, most eCommerce business owners struggle to get things right with the design elements on their websites. This can be a huge mistake; it can turn off even the most motivated customers. Over the last few years, there has been an exponential rise in smartphones. An optimized website design is imperative to target them alongside those business prospects who use computers.
So, is it possible to build a positive impression in the minds of your business prospects who use both computer and mobile devices? Yes, it is possible if you follow and implement the following tips:
- Use High-quality Images For Your Products
According to a popular saying, “A picture is worth 1000 words”. Going by this logic, you can give a good account of the products on your eCommerce site by adding high-quality images. With such images, you can easily add more essential product details to grab the attention of potential customers. This will help enhance the conversion rate for your eCommerce brand.
- Add Product Or Company Reviews
How do most potential make their purchase decision on an eCommerce site these days? The answer is simple: they do it based on what they read from other buyers’ reviews. This explains how a review can influence customers’ purchase decisions on an eCommerce store in just a few seconds. In addition, publishing reviews on your eCommerce website will make your brand look credible to customers.
Amazon publishes the reviews of customers on its website. Both existing and potential customers appreciate honest reviews on the website. Implementing the same strategy on your eCommerce site will help you earn the appreciation of customers.
- Use As Little Stock Images As You Can
Consider what your customers may go through while making a purchase decision. The majority of them are likely to experience fear, uncertainty, and doubt in such situations. Using stock images for products can lead to thoughts related to these aspects in the minds of potential buyers. So, it would be best if you refrained from using such images for your products in the first place. Instead, think about using genuine product photos. Even if you have to use stock images, try using them as little as you can.
- Incorporate Your Logo (Or Create If You Don’t Have One)
Nothing represents an eCommerce brand to its customers as well as its logo. So, every eCommerce brand must have its logo. However, if you are someone new to the eCommerce business and do not have a logo, consider creating one. By doing some research on the Internet, you can easily find many logo makers who can help you generate a visually appealing logo in line with your brand’s message.
- Consistent Design (Brand Style Guide) Along With Your Socials
Eight out of ten visitors prefer to stay and browse websites that have uniform elements. Consistency in control elements, page layouts, and navigation are the three core features they generally look for. You can make visitors’ stay on your business website more pleasant by ensuring a consistent design that better corresponds with your brand’s style. Also, consider adding social buttons for better conversion rates easy information sharing.
- Use Descriptive CTAs (Call To Action)
Clear call to action (CTA) with proper descriptions per the page’s intent can drive customers to purchase items on an eCommerce site. Therefore, make sure that it is in proper alignment with the intent of the page. For example, the CTA on the content page should be “Read More.” Likewise, “Buy Now” would be the appropriate CTA for the product page.
- Use The Right Colors That Match Your Brand (And Industry)
Every company that belongs to a specific industry has a particular color. When it comes to branding, color assumes importance by creating the first impressions that always matter the most. If you wish to promote the popularity of your brand, make certain that you use the right color that corresponds to the industry to which it belongs. While it is challenging, there are ways to find the right color for your brand.
- Optimize The Design For Mobile
Nowadays, mobile users constitute almost half the traffic on eCommerce websites. So, keeping it in mind, you might want to make your eCommerce site mobile-friendly. A mobile-friendly website with the least number of distractions makes the checkout process a lot simpler on small screens of smartphones.
Mobile users primarily depend on mobile data for browsing mobile-friendly sites. The speed of mobile data may vary depending on the availability of the signal. Mobile optimized websites load quickly on mobile devices even when the data speed is low. Thus, you can prevent your business prospects from going to a competitor’s site if your eCommerce site is mobile-friendly and optimized for mobile devices.
The above shows that the conversion of leads into customers necessitates a multifaceted approach to eCommerce brands. If you have not achieved a desirable conversion rate, try acting on the tips above. It will help you achieve desired outcomes at the subsequent stages.