Video marketing has been around for a while. However, video marketing is not just an old trend that people have seen before. In fact, video marketing is still one of the most powerful ways to promote your brand in 2021. It’s estimated that one person will watch up to 100 minutes of video per day in 2021; we discuss why you need your brand within those 100 minutes!
How does video marketing help?
There are many reasons video marketing can be beneficial for your business; the most notable are:
-The average person spends 85% more time on websites with video than without video content
-Video Marketing helps you establish trust and credibility with potential customers
–80% of people say Instagram helps them discover, research, and decide to purchase a product.
-It has been proven that video increases conversion rates by 80%!
How is video marketing so powerful?
-Video marketing can be used to tell a story. Telling a story is essential in your marketing strategy as it can create an emotional connection. This emotional connection can impact an audience’s perception of a brand and improve brand loyalty and retention.
It’s an impactful way of delivering your message if you’re selling something or discussing an important topic; video is great for educating viewers! You can make delivery more succinct with video than just words or images, share your emotion and really deliver a great visual representation of your message. You don’t just have to educate, but you can also show how a product or service works; this could include a demonstration to a potential customer who will see the results of using a product before buying it. Viewers, on average, retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% to reading it.
-When a video is used properly, it can also serve as a great investment. It can be reused, reshared, hold its time value, and sometimes even repurposed for other projects through editing.
-YouTube has over one billion users every month. Facebook has 2.85 billion monthly active users, Instagram has 1.074 billion users, which means video marketing could help reach potential customers or reach the same audiences more than once. Each platform that you share an engaging video on will put you in front of new viewers; it’s also great for SEO, 157% better, to be exact!
This is the big one! Video content has the ability to go viral, and these successful videos often lead to more video views which in turn result in increased budgets for video production. Once the ball is rolling, you will have some amazing marketing content.
What are some things you should keep in mind when producing a video?
- The first decision should be around hiring a professional, using video editing software, or trying to use a video platform. There is no real answer to this; it’s dependent on the business requirements and your budget. For example, if your brand needs a beautiful video of the highest quality and will tell a detailed story, then a professional is the best solution. On the other hand, if your brand is looking for simple small-cut videos and would like to be hands-on in its creation, video editing software or video creation platform would be a better solution.
- What medium are you making this content for? Is it going into your social media strategy to increase engagement? If so, then you need to think about the duration of the video to ensure higher engagement; 66% of video advertisements were 30 seconds long in 2018, which shows the duration that viewers expect. If you are making your content for a video marketing campaign to generate more traffic, sales, or leads, you will create it with certain CTA’s within the video.
How do I make my own videos?
- You can use content platforms such as Canva to create basic videos through templates.
- You could hire a professional from a website such as Upwork.
- Or you can ask your users/audience to create videos for you using a User-generated content platform such as Vloggi.
Video marketing is still one of the most powerful ways to promote your brand in 2021. The best part? It’s not just about “going viral” anymore (although viral is an amazing bonus!). A video that resonates with a specific audience can be shared and used repeatedly for years, meaning you have more time to work on a long-term branding strategy instead of trying to find new things all the time. In addition, if done correctly, it will help create an emotional connection between your customers and your brand, which is essential in any marketing strategy today.