The rise of technology in different domains is complementing the development of the world. The human race is learning and growing its knowledge about the endless opportunities to increase in the tech world. The reason behind this is the advancement of app technology and the use of exquisite software. Both have inspired established and budding businesses to get on the digital platforms and expand the user base.
Today in this blog, we would be learning about Agile Software testing and some of its essential aspects. Many businesses consider it great for decreasing the overall development cost, and some prefer it to create exceptional products. Whatever the reason is, one thing that we have here for sure is that it can play a huge role in creating a successful app. Once you know the foundational concepts, you would unravel its advantages for your project. Below listed are a few basic concepts about the software that will help you develop a better understanding of the development of your project. So without wasting any time, let us begin.
Why Teams Prefer Agile Development?
First, let us understand the word agile. It is an ability to create and respond to a particular change. It helps to understand uncertainty and deal with the turbulent situation. The basic idea behind it is to represent adaptiveness and response to change. It is great for understanding any uncertainty, adapting it, and responding to the same.
For Agile Software Development, it is better if we don’t confine it within terms like framework or practices, because it is much more than that. It is an umbrella term for a set of practices based on principles and values listed in its manifesto. Here the solutions pop up by effective collaboration with self-organizing teams. If a company is following Agile software development, they will focus on practices that boosts collaboration and helps in organizing the work.
Advantages Of Agile Development
Now, let us jump to its advantages. Take a good look for a better understanding.
- Agile-framework boosts the quality of the product. It breaks down the complete projects into manageable units, which streamline the process of development.
- It involves the business stakeholders in the development process, which enhances the focus on strategic business value.
- It focuses on the features on the user base – this way, each feature delivers unmatchable value to them.
- It includes stakeholders that trigger the internal collaboration between teams.
- This software delivers transparency, allowing both users and clients to become an integral part of the development.
- Here it is easy to predict cost, and it’s limited to the number of work teams put in.
- With this, a software project can be delivered quickly.
An Introduction to Agile Testing
This testing practice follows the rules and principles of Agile-development. Here the process is continuous, but it is not sequential. This type of testing can begin during the start of the project itself. It is executed by constant integration between two integral parts of any project- testing and development. QA teams can start it only after the coding phase. Agile-testing plays a huge role in focusing on user requirements.
Since the process is continuous, it creates a loop of feedback from testers, which in turn helps developers to boost the code.
Basic Principles Of Agile Testing
If you are inspired by this technique and want to use it for your future projects, then here are some of its major principles that you must know about.
- The complete process is test-driven. The testing team works on the project during the development process.
- It possesses high-level software quality, which makes sure that the complete code is perfect. It easily detects involved vulnerabilities and fixes them in the same development iteration.
- Here the teams include all the testers, developers, business analysts, which makes the project customer/client-centric.
- Here the teams perform continuous testing to lock the project’s continuous development.
- As multiple teams collaborate, the smooth and continuous feedbacks help in improving the project.
- The documentation work is comparatively less.
- It follows a customer-centric approach.
In A Nutshell
This is all the basic information that you need to have before getting started with agile testing. But the fact is that it’s not enough, as there are many technicalities involved in the same. To master the complete development process, it is necessary to have a good command over the above-listed technicalities. If you are looking at it from a business perspective, then make sure that you hire a team that has a firm grip over the technical part of the development. This way, you would be able to lock the success of your project.
Technology has been helping us to touch the level of development year after year. Within a short period, mobile app development popularity skyrocketed. There is no doubt in the level of convenience and comfort that it delivers. For many businesses, it is most constructive, and some are still trying to get hold of the process. Over ten years, we have observed the rise of the inclination of brick and mortar stores towards digital platforms. With emerging technologies and programming languages, it is very easy to get hold of the establishing trend. With the rise in a pandemic, technologies like app development are helping millions to maintain social distancing.
It is time that traditional businesses acknowledge the power of tech and accelerates the process of its adoption. As the world is stepping towards the era of complete digitalization, we are set to experience the new wave of advancement. What do you think? Drop your views on the same, in the comment section present below, and stay tuned to this platform for more exciting updates like these.