The gig economy is based on flexible, temporary, or freelance jobs, often involving connecting with clients or customers through an online on-demand marketplace platform. The gig economy can benefit workers, businesses, and consumers by making work more adaptable to the moment’s needs and demand for flexible lifestyles. Additionally, the term “gig” is a slang word for a job that lasts a specified period; musicians typically use it.
Nowadays, the online gig economy is booming as business models/niches that come under it attract many professionals and investors.
Many IT companies have been designing and developing software/solution that helps a person start his online business in any of the gig economy’s niches.
Following are some of the readymade software/solutions explicitly designed to meet the needs of a particular business model/niche of the online gig economy.
Yo!Gigs – On-demand Service Marketplace Platform
- Earn profit by bridging the gap between service-seekers and freelance professionals.
- Turnkey solution to build a service marketplace like Fiverr.
- Benefit from market-readiness, scalability, quick-setup, and multiple revenue generation options.
PaperWeight (Online Marketplace Solution for Freelance Writers)
- Comparison of freelance writers on experience, skills, & ratings.
- Easy payments with eWallet.
- Monetization options like banner ads and sponsored writers.
VivoGigs – Event Marketplace Platform
- An ideal solution to build a Marketplace for event organizers and performers.
- Customizable as per the business model and other strategic goals.
- Highlight features include reviews and rating systems, gig posting, and social media integration.
Yo!Meals – Meal Kit Ordering & Delivery Platform
- An off-the-shelf solution to launch online meal ordering and delivery portals like Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, and more.
- Offers robust features to enable entrepreneurs to manage the website with ease.
- Responsive design, meal catalog management, location-based search, e-wallet, rating & review system, social media sharing, and more.
FunAway – Online Travel Activity Booking Solution
- A readymade solution to launch a travel activity booking marketplace.
- Brings travel enthusiasts and local vendors close to each other.
- Responsive design, multiple revenue streams, user-friendly booking management, social media integration, and much more.
VivoCabs – Cab Booking Mobile App Solution
- Offer features backed by market-analysis.
- Engaging user-experiencing to make the app a joy to explore.
- Offers live-ride tracking, fare estimate, review & rating system, push notifications, and more.
Yo!Care – Marketplace Solution for Care Services
- Kickstart marketplace for care services like senior care, pet care, and more.
- Economical investment solution with high-performance features.
- Completely customizable and mobile-friendly design.
Yo!Pro – Online Professional Search Marketplace Platform
- A feature-rich solution to enable maximum growth.
- Built using open source technologies and scalable.
- Offers a simplified content management system (CMS), responsive design, and more.
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur and willing to start your own business in the gig economy, you can choose any of the niches mentioned above. For more information on every discussed business solution, check the following page.