eCommerce hosting is a rapidly growing business that provides companies a platform to host their eCommerce website. The company giving eCommerce hosting services takes care of all needs to run an eCommerce business of other companies effectively. Using a well-strategized eCommerce hosting plan, all the requirements to sell products and services on the World Wide Web are efficiently met.
Some needs catered by an eCommerce business include website designing, a web server for landing pages, and the sequence of steps involved in selling products and services online.
Broadly, below are some of the benefits of opting for an eCommerce hosting of your website:
- eCommerce hosting helps businesses reduce costs by cutting off rents and electricity.
- eCommerce hosting can support your brand image and brand growth.
- It can assist the business go international.
- eCommerce hosting offers secured transactions.
- eCommerce also allows you to host multiple sites using a single admin panel.
- It helps to eradicate the technicalities taken care of by the company providing the hosting services.
- With eCommerce hosting, you practically eliminate time restrictions as your stores are open 24*7.
- eCommerce hosting also allows you to run your stores at any time and from anywhere.
Shared Hosting Vs. Dedicated Server – eCommerce Hosting:
Shared hosting is an economical eCommerce hosting, especially for small businesses. Popular among first-time website owners, shared hosting allows your website to share the physical hosting servers and several other websites. The owner of the hosting server undertakes website maintenance, which eases the burden on website owners. In addition, since having a shared server implies less usage of resources, shared hosting plans become pretty easy on your pockets.
On the other hand, dedicated hosting allows physical servers to host a single business. The service provider provides the physical server, full-time technical support, and relevant services. The customer is in charge and has complete control over the optimization, including security and performance parameters.
While shared hosting is an excellent option to get your feet down, you would not be able to run sites attracting high traffic volumes in the long run. Besides that, you will not be able to manage huge databases or develop and run apps.
Top 3 eCommerce Hosting Companies.
One of the trickiest tasks is to determine the best eCommerce hosting companies for your business. The wisest way to do this is to weigh the pros and cons of the companies that could be the best choice.
After extensive research, we have come up with three eCommerce hosting companies and a list of their pros and cons. Read on to find out and determine the best match.
Hostgator- Best for scaling your small business easily.
With plans starting at just $4.95 per month, HostGator Cloud has some of the most affordable pricing of its kind. In addition, their customer service offers 24/7 help through live chat, phone, and fax. Hostgator’s cloud hosting draws on stored resources across multiple servers, it can quickly grab what it needs to make your site function, and the same reasons HostGator Cloud is reliable also make it fast. HostGator Cloud caches and stores your content in the cloud to pull when it needs to, allowing faster load times and better user experiences.
- All the plans of HostGator provide payment gateways and shopping cart features.
- The seamless one-click installation is quite the go-to.
- The main advantage of HostGator is the uptime of 99%.
- The support and technical team are available for assistance 24*7.
- HostGator does not offer plans with WooCommerce.
- The pricing of all plans is a notch higher than most companies in the market.
Siteground- Best for keeping uptime above 99.99%.
SiteGround is highly user-friendly. Its Site Tools functionality is much more accessible to beginning site owners than the traditional C Panel. Their customer service is on standby 24/7 through live chat, phone support, and helpdesk tickets. SiteGround is also able to resolve 90% of support inquiries during the first contact. They offer fast site speeds to support your site’s performance and your search engine visibility. Features like an ultra-fast network, ultrafast PHP, and server software solutions ensure a consistently above-average fast performance. Finally, Siteground offers both monthly and annual billing options, with the option to pay for one, two, or three years of service at a time to lock in your current rates. This flexibility means the service can work for many different businesses.
- SiteGround supports Cloudfare CDN.
- SuperCacher Technology integration enables fast loading.
- The company also offers auto installation of eCommerce apps.
- Automatic WordPress updates are available.
- Automatic backups are initiated.
- SiteGround offers very low storage on basic hosting plans.
- It lacks auto site setup mode.
Bluehost- Best drag and drop page builder for beginners.
Do you want to create a website that gets visitors excited? Would you believe you can do it yourself while barely breaking a sweat? Bluehost makes this so simple. Anyone that can point and click a mouse can create a great website fast. No experience is needed. Their drag-and-drop builder is easy to use and offers you guided help, making it impossible to get it wrong. In addition, Bluehost’s site builder is easy to learn, and you get a flawless design in half the time it takes to learn WordPress.
- Bluehost offers a dedicated and comprehensive WooCommerce hosting option.
- Another amazing feature of Bluehost is the automatic backups that are also periodic.
- Domain privacy is well-regarded and taken care of by Bluehost.
- Bluehost offers a hassle-free and seamless integration with WordPress.
- The hosting service is pretty affordable.
- It also guarantees excellent uptime.
- The only disadvantage of Bluehost is that it provides very small storage on basic plans.
eCommerce hosting is a business essential. Given that the pandemic has transformed the world, several things have switched to ‘online mode.’ Several sectors may have benefitted from it, but staying in touch with customers and making sales became difficult for businesses. During this period, eCommerce hosting became much more significant than before. eCommerce hosting has helped companies to achieve their sales and marketing targets efficiently.
Author Bio.: Ravi is an SEO expert working in one of the most reputed companies, XplorMedia. He loves spending time alone and helping others. He believes smart work and business values go a long way when it comes to success.