Chatbots are taking the digital marketing world by storm; many believe that by 2020, most customer transactions will occur human-to-bot.
Chatbot or Email Marketing? Why Not Both?
Little do they know, however, that the same was predicted for marketing email when social media was on the rise, yet email is still alive and kicking. With $38 to $1 ROI — email marketing is expected to stay with us a little longer.
Sure, we can rant about each marketing channel being better, but isn’t it better to bring out the best qualities of both and use them to your benefit?
Where email marketing shines.
- Cost-effectiveness. Reach thousands of people at little or no cost, as some email marketing platforms offer generous free plans.
- Customer preference. According to the study, 7 out of 10 people in North America prefer brands to reach them via email.
- Measurable efforts. Access metrics like open/clickthrough rates, bounces, conversions, revenue per subscriber, etc.
- Personalization and relevance. Successful marketing emails require segmentation by gender, age, country, language, etc. Personalization in emails improves customer experience, which in the same way contributes to customer loyalty.
- Multiplatform availability. People can access and read their emails from phones, tablets, or Samsung smart fridges.
Here is what chatbots excel at:
- 24/7 availability. Chatbots offer round-the-clock customer support giving relevant answers on your site or social media page.
- Building a brand image. Give your chatbot a personality by setting up a tone of communication with the customer. This will lead to a better user experience.
- Personalized approach. Interactive chatbot scripts and specific questions help collect information about the customer’s needs by offering relevant products or services.
- Lead generation. The oThe onboarding process with a chatbot is more fun than the usual subscription form.
- Cutting costs. The whole team of customer support is expensive. Let chatbots resolve simple issues and leave complex tasks to the customer care manager.
Combining these two channels will result in a more cohesive marketing strategy.
Generating new leads is essential to any business. This is where chatbots step in as they provide a more human-like experience. Once your customer opts in, the new contact data can be used in email and SMS marketing, respectively.
Again, information scraped from customer-chatbot conversations can be used to personalize your email newsletter, segment your mailing list and, as a result, deliver relevant content.
A Chatbot can also remind your clients about unopened emails and increase open rates.
In return, you can promote your chatbot through emails encouraging your clients to try a new communication channel and find answers to their queries faster.