Building backlinks is an essential part of any successful eCommerce business. Backlinks are links from other websites that point to your website and are an important factor in determining your search engine rankings. The more high-quality backlinks you have, the higher your website will rank in search engine results and the more traffic and sales you can drive to your online store.
Obtaining backlinks may be challenging, particularly if you are new to the field. However, it is an essential component of SEO and cannot be disregarded. It should be no surprise that obtaining backlinks for your online store may be a genuine hassle. The process of learning how to gain backlinks may be time-consuming and challenging.
On the other hand, quality backlinks may really help you outrank industry giants like Amazon and eBay. In our view, using a strong backlinking strategy is the greatest plan for methodically expanding your e-commerce site. But first, let’s discuss some SEO-recommended practices before further exploring backlinks. The process of learning how to gain backlinks may be time-consuming and challenging.
Website owners use search engine optimization (SEO) to tailor their websites and associated content to match the search phrases that bring them excellent traffic.
The “Holy Grail” of internet marketing can be a listing on the first page of Google. To achieve this, your website must compete with other websites to provide the most current and relevant information to each user’s Google search. High-quality niche content, website optimization, appropriate keywords, carefully chosen titles, and meta-descriptions are just a few of the numerous components of effective SEO techniques.
It’s critical to comprehend how SEO and referral traffic interact with your website before establishing backlinks for your e-commerce site. Referral traffic is the volume of visitors that find your website via a link. On your e-commerce website, optimizing your referral backlinks may have a significant impact.
The authority of the referring website is often a factor in determining the strength of a backlink. In other words, a single backlink from a popular website like Amazon is more likely to improve your SEO rating than several backlinks from unreliable sources. Thus, obtaining trustworthy backlinks for your website becomes even more crucial.
Advice: Avoid being duped into purchasing backlinks. Simple research by search engines might reveal if your website employs questionable SEO strategies. Instead, begin by optimizing your online business; only then should you consider backlinking tactics. The first line of defense against dropping in the Google rankings is the optimization of your website.
Make sure it meets the following requirements, whether revamping your online marketplace or starting a brand-new one.
There shouldn’t be more than three clicks between each page and your homepage. Doing this may encourage your homepage’s existing SEO ranking to spread to other pages. Pages too far away from the high-ranking homepage won’t gain as much.
Google will punish you if a consumer finds it difficult to navigate your shop. Consider your online business to be a physical storefront. It should be simple to browse goods, get additional information, ask for assistance, and complete the checkout process. To guarantee a straightforward experience, do testing and get user feedback. Include a blog. Any referral traffic your blog generates will immediately help your online shop. See more below about this.
But how do you go about building backlinks for your eCommerce business?
Here are some steps to follow:
- Start by creating high-quality, unique content for your website. This can include blog posts, product descriptions, and other content that provide value to your audience. By creating informative, engaging, and helpful content, you can attract other websites to link to your site.
- Reach out to other websites and ask for backlinks. This can include websites in your industry and websites that cover topics related to your products or services. You can also reach out to bloggers, influencers, and other online creators interested in linking to your website.
- Offer something of value in exchange for backlinks. This could be a guest post on their blog, a mention in a social media post, or even a discount or special offer for their audience. By offering something of value, you can increase the chances that the other website will link to your site.
- Monitor and track the performance of your backlinks over time. This will help you understand which backlinks drive the most traffic and sales to your online store. You can use tools like Ahrefs or SEMrush to see which backlinks provide the most value and which websites send the most traffic to your site.
- Finally, regularly update and refine your backlink strategy as needed. As your business grows and changes, your backlink needs may also change. By continuously building backlinks and tracking your performance, you can ensure that your eCommerce business is maximizing the value of its backlinks.
Link development is one of the most crucial and significant components of any store’s long-term SEO strategy. You can only do so much to inform the search engines that your shop and items are excellent. But ultimately, you need other people to endorse you, and that’s what backlinks do. Each week, set a target and invest a few hours in link development. You’ll gradually create a more robust website that will rank for other keywords and generate a consistently increasing stream of visitors.
When building backlinks for your eCommerce business, working with a trusted Shopify agency is important; these experts can help you identify the best websites to target for backlinks and implement an effective strategy to build high-quality backlinks that drive traffic and sales. With their expertise and guidance, you can take your eCommerce business to the next level.