COVID 19 has completely transformed business operations. Its economic impact has severely shifted how businesses are being run and the way marketers approach customers. More and more consumers are shopping on screens from home. Working professionals, students, and families are all relying on browsing for products online. This has increases the importance of digital channels as part of the customer journey.
Digital marketers must take a holistic view of the customer’s journey. They need to create content that can be used in multiple channels for attracting customers. This article will explore how to create an effective omnichannel marketing program in a post-COVID-19 world.
Understanding Omnichannel Advertising
The term ‘omnichannel’ has been around in the retail business for some time. However, it has only become relevant in digital marketing in recent years. It is distinct from multichannel marketing.
Multichannel marketing is focused on delivering content on more than one channel (like print and digital media). In addition, omnichannel marketing focuses on understanding and optimizing advertisements for the entire customer journey across all channels.
The main focus of omnichannel marketing is to adapt and personalize content based on the user and present it through multiple media.
To get a better understanding, consider the following points that are critical factors of omnichannel.
- Amazon, YouTube, and Netflix push products and recommendations on their platforms based on their user’s history of searches, likes, and dislikes. Taking the user’s history into account is an integral part of omnichannel marketing.
- Digital platforms change the artwork and website design based on the preferences of their visitors. The goal is to optimize the appeal of the website and keep them coming back.
- The promotional content is also optimized. For example, there are different tones and ways of writing that attract different people. With omnichannel marketing, the right content is displayed to the right person at the right time for maximum sales.
- Lastly, omnichannel content must be adaptive to different devices. We call responsive web design that appears and interacts differently depending on whether you are browsing through a mobile device or desktop computer.
Types of Channels to Consider
The business website remains one of the most important channels for advertising online. Your website gives you complete control and options to post what you want. In addition, businesses that have their web store are considered more authentic by customers.
Other important channels to consider for marketing include email, social media, mobile messages, organic and paid searches, and display ads.
Benefits of Content Writing in Omnichannel Marketing
Marketing experts report that content writing services can add powerful benefits to omnichannel marketing.
- Businesses had reported that they experienced a 287% higher purchase rate when they used three or more channels for promotional content compared to using a single channel.
- SMS marketing is quite effective, and businesses saw a 48% higher conversion rate when they added well-drafted mobile text messaging to their advertising campaign.
- Businesses that use content writers to design ads for SMM platforms saw their purchase ratio increase to twice as high.
- Even the size of orders was reported to have increased. The average order value is 13% higher per order, with omnichannel marketing vs. single-channel marketing.
- Lastly, businesses using content writing services reported that their customer retention rates are 90% higher for omnichannel vs. single-channel marketing.
The SES Magazine conducted a study and noted that personalized eCommerce sites that hire content writers could increase conversions by up to 70 percent within a year.
Metail, a digital apparel services provider, reported that 56 percent of consumers say that they would be more inclined to use a retailer if it offers a good personalized experience for them.
Omnichannel Design Tips
Design is an essential element in omnichannel marketing. Your content design sets the stage for customers and prospects to read and understand your marketing messages across different channels.
Most established businesses prefer to hire content writers to design and develop their omnichannel marketing content. If you are starting a new business, you can try to do it independently to save costs. But it is not advised in the long run.
Your time is better spent on improving the core operations of your business. At most, you should focus on setting the direction of the omnichannel strategy. Let your content writers come up with the finer details of the messaging for advertising.
Don’t be Intrusive
The key element of omnichannel marketing is not to be too intrusive. Nobody wants to be disturbed in the middle of work and get bombarded with promotional text messages. But people do want to find great deals that can leave them better off.
Understand Your Audience
Personalization is the cornerstone of omnichannel marketing. Please pay careful attention to your customers’ needs and wants and what motivates them to buy.
If you adapt your omnichannel marketing approach to your customers’ desires, you will better their experience with your brand and get more sales.
Provide Consistent Content
Your customer’s experience needs to be consistent across all communication points. So keep your marketing content consistent on your talking points across all channels.
Let your team of content writers know that they need to maintain the same messaging across the product, packaging, prints, customer interface, and user experience.
Focus on Building Trust
The ultimate goal of all content marketing is to gain the trust of your customers. If people believe that your brand or products are not reliable, they will move to another firm.
Most omnichannel interactions involve getting personal information from prospective clients or financial transactions. If customers trust your brand and feel safe and in control, they are much more likely to buy from your business.
The way we do business has dynamically changed in the digital age. Customers prefer convenience. When individuals decide to give you the hard-earned cash, they don’t want the process to be overly complicated.
Omnichannel marketing can help you improve the buyer’s journey. While this approach takes more time and strategic thinking, the results are well worth the effort. Omnichannel marketing can give you new clients and also increases the customer lifetime value for existing customers.
Dave Brown is a Sr. Editor at Content Development Pros. This leading inbound marketing company provides comprehensive content solutions, ebook writing services, web design and development, SEO, and content writing services to small and mid-sized businesses. With more than a decade of experience and over 60,000 completed projects to their credit, they enjoy the trust of hundreds of regular customers from all industries and parts of the world.