Managing customer data is one of the most challenging aspects of a business. However, as we progress into the future, customers will continue to become more demanding, and only the companies that deliver the best service will prevail in the hyper-competitive environment.
With a customer relationship management (CRM) tool, you can overcome these challenges, and Salesforce CRM is a preferred solution for many organizations. It is reliable effective and allows your teams to handle complex databases easily.
It helps your sales teams by reducing the amount of time needed to manage databases so that they can focus on their primary goals of selling and marketing your brand. Salesforce CRM simplifies a wide range of business processes and is an essential tool for developers, consultants, and marketers alike.
Salesforce simplifies a wide range of business processes to make things easier for sales teams. However, understanding the complete functionalities of Salesforce is not easy, and developers, operators, and consultants need to be well-versed with the CRM platform to complete their duties effectively.
This brings us to the elephant in the room. What are Salesforce objects?
Simply put, Salesforce objects are the foundation of this complex CRM platform. They contain an organization’s data in digital tablets and help you create unique functionalities for your organization.
You can classify Salesforce Objects into two major categories—Standard and Custom Objects. In addition, developers also deal with a third type known as External Objects, which help users map data outside the primary company.
Let’s take a look at the Standard and Custom Objects below.
Standard Objects are already created within the Salesforce CRM for a specific project. These pre-installed digital tablets can be used for a wide range of working environments and can be configured for an array of businesses.
Some of the commonly used Standard Objects include:
- Accounts: Used to designate individuals or businesses that your company is dealing with either directly or indirectly.
- Contacts: The people or businesses with an account within your company are designated contacts.
- Opportunity: Events that can help lead generation for your business are termed opportunities.
- Case: Any issues raised by your customers are labeled as a case.
- Solution: The resolutions you give for the issues raised by customers are listed as solution objects.
- Forecast: These objects provide a genuine estimate of the company’s revenue in each quarter.
- Document: These are the documents stored in different folders in your system.
- Folders: The directory containing various documents with defined access is called folders.
- Report: All the data analyzed and stored in your Salesforce CRM is labeled as a report object.
- Dashboard: This object gathers data from different reports and presents it to you in the form of graphs and charts.
- Activity: All your essential activities and events are contained in this object.
- Products: This object shows the items your company is dealing with at a particular time.
- Orders: This object is used to maintain a systematic record of purchases made by customers.
- Campaign: It is used by marketing teams to manage a wide range of marketing projects and activities.
- Lead: This object contains the names of individuals or businesses likely to become your clients.
Unlike Salesforce’s Standard Objects, Custom Objects are created for a company based on their specific business requirements. Though Salesforce contains a comprehensive set of objects built into the platform, sometimes you need more to manage every aspect of your organization.
That is where Custom Objects come in and allow you to fill the gap by developing customized objects for data management. Some of the most common Custom Objects include:
- Custom page layout
- Object relationships
- Customized fields
- Tailor-made user interface
Every company that uses Salesforce must know its Objects well. However, if there are members in your team who are still unsure about what a Salesforce Object is, it is time to share this post with them.
That being said, it is not easy to customize and configure your Salesforce CRM, and you should get in touch with an expert Salesforce agency to create the Objects you need.
Remember, every transaction or disaster in your business is subject to good use or misuse of Salesforce Objects, and you certainly don’t want the latter to happen.
Get the best Salesforce consulting and development services for your business today. Leverage decades of collective experience offered by Growth Natives’ Salesforce team and ensure that you do not put a foot wrong in your business.
You can email us at [email protected] or visit our website for more information.