Establishing your business as credible, reputable, and trustworthy takes hard work and a commitment to your craft and customers. Regardless of the type of business you own, using tools like business cards to network and spread awareness is essential.
Advantages of Business Cards
A professional business card is no longer reserved for C-level executives of Fortune 500 companies. Today, almost every entrepreneur uses their business card to help with establishing new connections, garnering new customers, and even spreading brand awareness.
Learning about some of the most significant advantages of business cards can help you determine what type of card is best suited for your business and brand.
Make a Great First Impression
When you meet associates, prospective investors, and potential business partners, you only have one opportunity to make a great first impression.
Using your customized business cards shows others that you are professional and prepared and take yourself and your brand seriously.
Spread Brand Awareness
If you’re launching a start-up or entering a highly competitive industry, spreading brand awareness is necessary. An eye-catching logo on your card might stick in the mind of a potential customer, who will remember your business when they need it.
Utilize QR Codes to Increase Engagement and Interest
Another way to motivate prospective partners or customers to learn more about your business is to add QR codes to your business cards. They help increase engagement and can be used to provide discount codes or exclusive access to various areas of your website or business.
Finding High-Quality Business Cards
The first step is finding a printer that fits your needs and budget.
Vistaprint: Vistaprint is one of the oldest, most popular online printing services. With free shipping and more than 7,700 templates to choose from, it’s perfect for those who love options.
- Zazzle: Zazzle is another popular printing company that provides customers with the option to design their own custom die-cut business cards.
- PSPrint: PSPrint offers completely custom die-cut business cards and 48 die-cut premade shapes to choose from to help you get started.
- Elite Flyers: Need a ton of cards? Consider Elite Flyers. They let you order business cards in quantities up to 25,000.
Before committing to a company, read reviews and verified testimonials from real customers to ensure you won’t encounter extra charges, incorrect orders, or shipping delays.
Tips for Creating Your Own Business Cards
Creating your business cards is a great way to get your business name in front of potential customers. Once you’ve decided on a printer, follow these tips.
- Consider your audience: Who do you want your card to appeal to? For example, a bakery making birthday cakes for childrens’ parties will have a much different aesthetic than an accountant.
- A playful font might work well at a daycare center, but not for a funeral home. Make sure the images and typeface are geared to the right people.
- Choose the right logo: A logo isn’t just a decoration on your card. It should represent your business and be included on your company letterhead, vehicles, packaging, and almost everywhere else. So make sure you hire a professional to create one. They’ll consider the lifespan of your logo, so you aren’t stuck with something that looks thrown together or doesn’t have anything to do with your brand.
- Select the right color scheme: Avoid using color schemes that clash or don’t mesh well with your logo and brand. For example, you wouldn’t expect an all-black print from a birthday clown or a bright rainbow of shades from a lawyer. It might send the wrong message about what working with you will be like.
- Add a special touch: Business cards don’t have to be boring. Even if you want to project a more professional vibe, you can get a little playful with paper and finishes. For example, a shiny coating might help your card stand out in a pile. Look at the options and decide what works best for the message you’d like to send.
The right business card can leave a lasting impression that’s sure to impress. The wrong one can scare off potential customers. Choose wisely, and you’ll have a card you and your employees can be proud of.
Author Bio: Tasnova Malek, MD, graduated from Bangladesh Medical College and practiced as a primary care physician for six years in Bangladesh. After moving to the USA, she worked at Emory University Hospital in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Hospital medicine research. During COVID-19, she worked as a crisis counselor in Florida Corona Virus Emergency Response Team. Currently, she is working in the National Suicidal Prevention Center and Sunshine Behavioral Health. In addition, she has extensive research experience in medicine and psychiatry in the USA.
All About Business Cards
- insidehighered.com – The Benefits of Business Cards
- quicksprout.com – The 7 Best Business Card Printing Services
- designhill.com – 21 Tips And Tricks For Creating Stunning Business Cards