As a website owner, your work doesn’t stop when your site goes live. Running a successful website requires a lot more than just that. Hence, often businesses and entrepreneurs hire WordPress maintenance services to ensure their website is working at its best at all times and its catering to the basic needs and expectations of the diverse audiences visiting it.
For websites that are started to gain a diverse amount of traffic from different parts of the world, it would be a good idea to consider making the site support multilingual translations. You can also go for localization of your website, but that’s often too time-consuming and expensive to consider.
Multilingual translation capabilities are not that hard to incorporate in your website, especially if it runs on WordPress.
WordPress multilingual plugins enable you to translate your website content into different languages by detecting their location. Let’s find some of the best WordPress multilingual translation plugins that you can use to open your site to new markets and opportunities.
Weglot Translate is one of the most accessible translation plugins for your WordPress site that want to go multilingual. It offers excellent tech support, and it’s compatible with all WordPress themes and plugins, including WooCommerce.
Here are some major features of Weglot WordPress multilingual translation plugin:
- Weglot Translate is free for small websites with just one translation language. Other than that, it offers free and premium plans based on your website needs. You can also try the 10-day free trial version.
- Weglot Translate offers 100+ translation languages.
- It allows you to customize your language switch button, and the translations are updated on your site in real-time.
- Weglot is SEO optimized in new languages. Your translated webpages also get dedicated URLs, as recommended by Google.
- It facilitates human and automatic translations, and you can also manage and edit your translation using a single dashboard.
WPML helps you set up your multilingual website very easily. With just a simple installation process, you can select the languages you want to allow your visitors to translate into.
Here are some major features of WPML WordPress multilingual translation plugin:
- WPML multilingual translation plugin supports over 40 languages. It allows you to add language variants, for example, Canadian French, by using the language editor. You can also use WPML to set up different languages in the same domain and subdomain.
- The WordPress Multilingual plugin is compatible with WooCommerce. It can be a great choice to make your online store multilingual, catering to a wider market. It translates everything into your prospect’s language, including the product name, price, and description.
- Being a website owner, you can also turn the WordPress users into translators. You can customize their access to only particular translation jobs that the editor assigns them.
- The WordPress Multilingual plugin supports most WordPress themes, which means you don’t have to worry about compatibility.
Lingotek Translate enables you to create and maintain a multilingual website through cloud-based localization and translation. They offer professional translation solutions that make it easy for businesses to launch their website into new markets while improving consistency.
Here are some major features of Lingotek:
- The professional plan gives you access to the Lingotek marketplace with more than 5000 in-country translators.
- Lingotek fully automates the process of transferring the files between Lingotek and WordPress, filling in the time and effort of managing the translation process.
- If you want to save some money and avoid professional translators, you can opt for a community plan and let your translator create content translations within WordPress. You can further use Lingotek Workbench, a professional text editor, to further polish your translations.
- The free automatic option provides machine translations. It is an excellent option if you are on a tight budget and looking for quick results. The plugin enables you to quickly and automatically translate your website, and you can also edit the content later on using Lingotek Workbench.
Polylang helps you make your website bilingual or multilingual. You create new web content in the form of blog posts and pages as usual and then select the language for each of them. This WordPress multilingual plugin is free and easy to use. However, you have to decide which post or page you want to translate.
Here are some major features of Polylang WordPress multilingual translation plugin:
- Polylang allows you to select as many languages as you want and translate your pages, posts, categories, media, and so on.
- It assigns a unique URL that includes a two-letter code for languages, pertaining to each translated page.
- Your website visitors have the option to switch between languages using a dedicated widget.
- The WordPress multilingual plugin supports custom post types, sticky notes, custom taxonomies, RSS feeds, post formats, and all default WordPress widgets.
The MultilingualPress plugin helps you create different versions of your site in various languages, and you can connect them by WordPress Multisite. In other words, it lets you link an unlimited number of multilingual sites with each other.
Some major features of MultilingualPress WordPress multilingual translation plugin are:
- The language manager supports 174 different languages.
- MultilingualPress also allows you to edit your site translations for a page or post directly using the post editor without having to switch sites.
- It also translates the category names and tags, and general SEO-friendly URLs.
- A widget includes all the links to different translated pages.
With an optimized user interface, Babble provides many options to help you manage the site translation process. After being acquired by Automattic, it has become a part of the WordPress core.
Here are some major features of Babble WordPress multilingual translation plugin:
- The WordPress multilingual translation plugin is effective and very fast. It is highly performance-centric, which means that the plugin enhances your site performance. It generates pages 20% faster, with 40% fewer queries.
- It also allows you to add unlimited language translation options to your WordPress site.
- As it is associated with Automattic, the Babble team actively contributes to the WordPress core, which means there are fewer chances of ever encountering a broken plugin.
Google Website Translator
Google Website Translator WordPress plugin uses the power of Google’s automatic translation services in more than 100 languages. It is complete and straightforward to use a multilingual solution for WordPress websites.
Some major features of Google Website Translator multilingual translation plugin are:
- Simple installation process with inline help that is easy to understand.
- You can set a default language and then add languages to translate your website in.
- You can embed the widget on your website with a shortcode, and your visitors can select their language using this drop-down widget.
TranslatePress, a multilingual WordPress plugin, offers an interface that enables straightforward translation of an entire repository of web pages all at once. The plugin is also compatible with WooCommerce, which means that you can translate your online store for customers speaking various languages.
Here are some major features of TranslatePress multilingual translation plugin:
- It allows you to translate your entire website content directly using the frontend, along with offering a user-friendly interface and real-time translations.
- It supports all WordPress themes and plugins.
- You get to see the live preview of your translated web page content as you edit them.
- The multilingual plugin supports both automatic and manual translation, which means if you want, you can also translate your pages yourself.
- TranslatePress is a GPL and self-hosted plugin. It means that you will own your content translations forever.
WPGlobus is another free WordPress multilingual translation plugin that allows you to translate your website content. It offers manual translation solutions, which means that you have to create your translations yourself.
Some major features of WPGlobus multilingual translation plugin are:
- It allows you to add one or more different language translations to your site.
- The plugin is also SEO optimized as you can easily integrate the translated pages with Yoast SEO and All in One SEO.
- WPFlobus is compatible with several page builders and composers.
- The customized widget enables your audience to select their language from the frontend. This also affects the language of the admin panel.
Making your website accessible to users from around the world can yield fantastic results for your brand and bottom line. Hence, make sure you go through this list and find out the best plugin for your needs and start translating your content to suit the needs of international audiences.