You should always aim to improve the customer experience for your eCommerce website. Enriching user experience is most talked about feature for any website.
This doesn’t mean that you need to find out ways to gain your customer’s attention by making your website so complex that instead of improving the customer experience you end up alienating them.
This is a mistake made by many eCommerce websites that in the quest of providing better customer experience they make it even worse. The most important thing is to understand what your customer really wants and how you can easily make it happen for them.
Make your eCommerce website easier to use with the help of our eCommerce website design services. Here are 8 tips to improve the customer experience on your eCommerce website –
- Easy Website Navigation – Website navigation is everything. Make it simpler to navigate on your website. When your customer gets easy navigation then they will make the purchase. Add a clear call to action buttons like – Add to cart.
Make it super easy to find what the customers are looking for on your website. Value their time. Put yourself in your customer’s place and see how easy it is to search an item on your website if someone has no previous information about it.
Test the navigation flow. To test that you can ask someone with no previous knowledge of your website to search a product on your website.
- Website Speed – 40% of users leave a website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load. Website speed matters as it saves your customer’s time. No customer will want to wait for your website’s pages to load.
- Easy or One Step Checkout Process – After deciding on the product no customer wants to waste heir time in completing the lengthy checkout process on any eCommerce website or in a retail store. Make it easy to buy from your website.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service and Support – Excellent customer service/customer support is a core feature to provide to your customers. It doesn’t matter whether you’re in an online business or in an offline business. Make it easier for your customers to reach you and communicate with you. This is crucial.
- High-Quality Product Copy and Product Images – Great copy and images impact your sales. Product images are extremely important in eCommerce because that’s the only medium your customer gets the idea about the product you are trying to sell.
Provide high-resolution images and accurate details of the product. In-store purchases make it easy to buy any item as your customer can easily touch and feel your product but this is not the case when buying a product from an eCommerce website.
In an online purchase the customers can’t touch or feel your products, images are the only medium to get a hold on how the product looks like.
By providing good-quality product images and details you make it easier for your customer to have the confidence to buy from your website.
- Use Social Proofs, Seek Customer Reviews and Provide FAQs – Customer feels comfortable in buying from your website when they see other people’s reviews and social proofs about your products and website. You can display social proofs and customer reviews on your website.
Add FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and high-quality informational content on your website because users always have questions. By creating a FAQ page, you will be able to provide all the necessary information beforehand.
Even blogging is also a good option to provide the kind of information that makes your understanding any specific product or service in a better way. It also gives you social exposure.
- Fixed or Free Shipping – Shipping charges do matter. Shipping charges should not appear as an added cost. Free or fixed shipping is the most successful marketing tool.
- Display Security Badges – Security is a concern in the case of online transactions. Display the security badge provided by your online merchant on your website. This will assure your customers as they put their important details for the transaction on your website.
We are a Magento development company that develops customer-friendly websites. We make simple eCommerce websites with features backed by Magento 2 that makes it super easy for your customers to buy products or services from your website.