One of the biggest benefits of running a WooCommerce powered store is having access to thousands of performance-enhancing plugins at your disposal. Of course, there is a plugin for it all, most of which are entirely free to use or have a free version to try out, from contact forms to live chat, ajax search, and bulk pricing.
However, with so many plugins to choose from, how do you know which is best for your store? Well, in this detailed guide, I’m going to reveal the 5 very best WooCommerce plugins for increasing your store sales. Whether it’s promoting urgency to place an order or enhancing the buyer checkout experience, the following plugins are proven to dramatically boost sales and get customers flocking over themselves to buy your products.
1) YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
According to a comprehensive study by Baymard Institute, the average shopping cart abandonment rate is a massive 69.57 percent. To put that into perspective, almost 7 in every 10 users who add items to their cart don’t follow through with the purchase. Used by almost 10,000 WooCommerce stores, The YITH Abandoned Cart Recovery plugin is one of the most popular solutions for reducing your abandoned cart rate by allowing you to send automated emails to users who have abandoned their cart then encouraging them to return and checkout.
- Automatically email users who have abandoned their cart and encourage them to return with a coupon, discount, or offer
- View advanced statistics of your abandoned cart rates and click-throughs on follow-up emails
- Receive emails when a user who previously abandoned their cart returns to your store and places an order
2) Finale Lite – Sales Countdown
Creating a sense of urgency is a proven way to increase your store sales and encourage users to place orders. Finale Lite is one of the most feature-rich sales countdown timers on the market, allowing you to schedule flash sales with visible countdown timers based on sale end dates or quantity thresholds. The Finale premium version also includes several more advanced features such as recurring campaigns, sticky headers, and advanced rules.
- Run scheduled sales, including flash sales, pre-launch sales, and coupon code sales
- Display a visible timer based on the sale end date, quantity thresholds, or fast shipping deadlines
- Display a visible counter bar to show real-time stock updates and purchases
3) YITH WooCommerce Wishlists
Did you know that most customers don’t place an order right away? Instead, they browse various websites to find the best possible offer. Adding a wishlist feature to your store is a sure-fire way to allow returning visitors to locate products they previously considered buying quickly. The YITH WooCommerce Wishlists plugin is one of the most simplistic yet effective wishlist plugins in the WordPress database.
- Easy to install and configure in a matter of minutes
- Allows users to add desired products to their wishlist for later viewing
- Send promotions or targeted offers to users based on the contents of their wishlist.
- Monitor your customer’s wishlist activity, including the most common wishlist items
- Boost sales by allowing users to share their wishlists with friends and family
4) YITH Multi-Step Checkout
According to multiple studies conducted by industry leaders, 28% of users abandon their carts because they were required to create an account. In comparison, 21% failed to complete a purchase because the checkout process was too complicated or time-consuming. Therefore, having a seamless and simplistic checkout experience is essential for maximizing your overall sales. The YITH, Multi-Step Checkout plugin enhances the standard WooCommerce checkout, making it less cluttered, more streamlined, and easier to navigate.
- Simplify and streamline the structure of the WooCommerce checkout process
- Reduce abandoned cart rates and encourage more orders
- Enable guest checkout while still capturing customer emails
5) Discount Rules for WooCommerce
It’s no secret that everybody loves a bargain. The Discounts Rules for the WooCommerce plugin allow you to set up almost any discount offer, including bulk pricing, dynamic pricing, and site-wide discounts. Bulk pricing is a fantastic way to encourage users to buy more than 1 quantity of a specific item, while minimum spend discounts can quickly drive up your average order value.
- Create multiple types of discount offers, including bulk, dynamic and global discounts
- Display bulk discount table to encourage users to buy a higher quantity
- Enable minimum spend discounts, e.g., spend $500 get 10% off
6) Codisto Multi-Channel Selling Software
Selling on multiple channels is an almost guaranteed way to increase your sales and attract new customers quickly. Compatible with WordPress through the use of a plugin, Codisto is one of the most well established and reliable multi-channel selling solutions, enabling you to push your WooCommerce store products to eBay, Amazon quickly, and Google in the few clicks of the mouse, while also automatically syncing product data, prices and stock levels.
- Push your WooCommerce products to eBay, Amazon, or Google in a few clicks
- Automatically sync product data, stock, and price changes across all platforms
- Manage orders, customer service, and track statistics all from one dashboard area
7) Dropshipping Plugins
What better way to boost your sales than by offering more products to your customers? Dropshipping is an order fulfillment technique that allows you to source products from wholesalers and manufacturers with direct shipping to the customer, thus enabling you to rapidly expand your product range without investing additional funds in inventory.
Over the past few years, the dropshipping model has become a phenomenon in the eCommerce industry, quickly resulting in the rise of countless dropshipping automation solutions, many of which are compatible with WooCommerce, typically in the form of an all-in-one plugin for sourcing, listing, and repricing dropship products. From Spocket to Inventory Source, ShopMaster, and Avasam, the options are endless.
However, the best solution will depend on your own personal preferences as each software is compatible with different suppliers and products. Please refer to this comprehensive list of the best WooCommerce dropshipping software & plugins for more information.
Additional Sales Boosting Plugins
While the plugins outlined above are among the best for increasing your WooCommerce store sales, they’re not the only options. The following plugins are completely free to use and can help you quickly increase your conversion rates by improving your store’s functionality.
Product Image Zoom for WordPress – Simple and lightweight plugin which allows customers to magnify product images for a more detailed look easily
YITH Social Login – Free plugin which enables the user to login via Facebook, Twitter, or Google on the My Account, Checkout, and WP Login pages
WooCommerce Product Page Social Share – Highly rated plugin which allows users to share your products on social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter
All in One SEO Pack – Popular plugin for increasing the on-page optimization of your store, allowing for a better chance of your products being found on Google search