With an average of 2 billion monthly visits in the US alone, Amazon is the acclaimed king of eCommerce.
Not only because of the visitors it attracts.
The platform is also responsible for 39.5% of eCommerce sales in 2022, which is HUGE.
As a seller, leveraging Amazon’s massive reach is a great way to build brand awareness, diversify your revenue sources and increase sales.
But selling and ranking on Amazon aren’t as simple as uploading a picture of your product, writing a description, and setting a price.
With more than 200,000 sellers in 2019 alone, doing the bare minimum won’t cut it.
5 Tips to Boost Your Listing Rank on Amazon
So, if you’re wondering how to rank fast and boost your revenue on Amazon, here are five tips to help you achieve that.
1. Optimize Your Product Listings
One of the major keys for your listing to rank higher on Amazon is to create a memorable and personalized experience for shoppers.
But this is easier said than done with over 300 million items on Amazon.
Despite selling high-quality items, you’ll still find it challenging to stand out among thousands of competitors, if not millions.
To remain competitive on Amazon, you must ensure that your listings are well-optimized.
Proper amazon listing optimization will allow your listings to get more clicks, conversions, and sales.
Also, a poorly optimized listing will heavily affect the results if you run PPC campaigns or other promotional activities.
Here are some ways to optimize your listings to increase your conversions significantly:
- Only use high-quality images. Low-quality ones will look unprofessional and will negatively affect your conversion rate. Also, don’t forget to include some infographics that display the benefits and features of your product.
- Always follow Amazon listing guidelines when adding images and videos about your product.
- Strategically use relevant keywords in your title, bullet points, and product description.
- Speaking of keywords, make sure to use the backend keywords section properly. Include all the keywords you couldn’t fit in your title and bullet points.
Remember that listing optimization never stops; it’s an ongoing process.
If you want to enjoy high conversions and rankings for an extended period, revisiting and reoptimizing your listing at least once a quarter is very beneficial.
Lastly, don’t forget to be up-to-date with the latest Amazon SEO strategies and algorithm updates, which are different from Google and other search engines.
2. Have A Captivating Product Title
Your product title will allow potential customers to know what your product is.
Generally, Amazon provides sellers with up to 200 characters to create a captivating product title.
Try to properly utilize these 200 characters to give potential buyers the necessary information to make a purchase.
Here are some tips you can consider from the get-go:
- Research relevant keywords associated with your product. You can also research what keywords your competitors are using. You can do this via a reverse ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) search.
- You should prioritize your main keywords and include them at the beginning of your product title.
- Display your product’s main benefits and features succinctly and include pertinent information, such as sizing, material, quantity, and color.
- If your product targets multiple audiences or uses, specify them in your product title. Doing so will increase the chances of your product appearing first in a customer’s query results.
- Specify your products’ target audience –– like men, women, motorcycle enthusiasts, etc.
- For better readability, capitalize the first letter of every word in your product title. Never capitalize all words.
- Don’t use the ampersands symbol (&). Instead, spell out the “and” when writing your product title.
3. Set The Right Price
Did you know that your price will influence your products’ rankings?
Before setting a price, it is crucial to analyze your competitors’ pricing and offers.
In other words, find the general price range and set your price around this range.
The logic is that shoppers always want the best deal when shopping online.
For instance, if your competitors’ price is $30 and yours is $60, Amazon buyers will opt for the former since it’s cheaper.
Unless your offer is better than competitors, and ideally it should be (For example, Higher quality material, better packaging, extra features, etc.), the price needs to be within the same price range.
This will translate to a higher conversion rate and product rank!
4. Create A Compelling Listing Copy
Once you’re done setting the right price and finding relevant keywords to use, it’s time to create a compelling listing copy for your products.
The space between the product description and your listing’s bullet points is your opportunity to create a compelling and informative copy to promote your product further.
First, make sure to skip the fluff when writing a copy.
Instead, fill this section with detailed information about your product; it needs to be benefit-driven, not feature-driven.
You can include any long or short-tail keywords you’ve researched that you didn’t use in your product title.
Always remember that a compelling copy allows prospects to understand what you are offering at a glance without spending time digging through your page to find the information they need to make a purchase.
5. Encourage Customers To Leave A Review
A handful of positive customer reviews is a testament to your product’s success.
Customers will always trust products with plenty of feedback from satisfied customers.
That’s why you can’t be a successful Amazon seller without feedback.
To have feedback, always encourage customers, especially those satisfied with your products and services, to leave reviews.
You can also use Amazon seller tools, such as an automated feedback solicitation, to encourage customers to leave a review quickly.
In a nutshell, the foundation of a listing that ranks high on Amazon has:
- An attractive title and gets clicks
- A persuasive and benefit-oriented copy
- High-quality images and visuals
- Keywords added in the right places
- Positive customer feedback
As a result, your products will stand out amongst online sellers offering the same products.
Following the tips above will guarantee that amazon will rank your listings higher on the searches.
Omar is the E-com Obsessed Co-founder and CEO of OJ Digital Solutions, an agency that helps Amazon sellers 2X their conversion rate by optimizing their Amazon listings. You can connect with Omar via his website
By Omar Deryan (wordpress/gravatar email: firstname.lastname@example.org)