3D printing is one of the most revolutionary technologies developed in recent times. It has quickly gained popularity due to the availability of affordable industrial-grade 3D printers online, helping create models and products used in various leading industries.
3D printing is also known as additive manufacturing, as layers of material are added upon other layers to create an end product or prototype. This is achieved with the help of input data from computer-aided design (CAD) software to achieve real-life models.
Striking features of an industrial-grade 3D printer
While looking for a product in the market, we come across many different qualities. However, there is only one that delivers unmatched service.
Industrial-grade 3D printers are no exception. However, the best-in-class 3D printers have some characteristic features like:
- Ability to print using high-performance engineering materials – High-performance materials like PEEK, PEKK, Ultem, etc., require specific working conditions for accurate printing. A top-notch industrial 3D printer enables optimum printing conditions for seamless model printing.
- Ideal printing components – Excellent 3D printers used for industrial applications consist of a printing chamber at a constant temperature, efficient cooling mechanisms equipped with a comprehensive air filtration system.
- High printing speed – All other qualities don’t matter if the printing process is slow and the model is not created within a particular time frame. A 3D printer with faster prototyping helps reduce costs and speed up manufacturing processes.
- Minimal maintenance – A good-quality 3D printer should have an easy setup procedure and work at peak efficiency with minimal maintenance required.
- Safe working conditions – Excellent industrial-grade 3D printers should provide fast printing under a strictly safe environment and halt operations if there is a probability of developing hazardous situations.
Industries utilizing 3D printed parts
Industrial grade 3D printers help in manufacturing models and parts that are used in industrial applications in the following primary sectors:
1. Aerospace – Parts utilized in the aerospace industry must be of the highest standards, withstand extreme temperatures and harsh chemicals and have a large load-bearing capacity. In addition, the parts should be lightweight as well.
2. Automotive – The dynamic industry of automobiles and its ancillaries uses 3D printing to construct prototypes and fixtures to aid manufacturing. Parts printed through this method are durable enough for fabrication assistance.
3. Manufacturing – Industrial 3D printers can fast-track the manufacturing process by swiftly prototyping custom tools and fixtures at a significantly lower price than traditional methods. As a result, small businesses can manufacture the same quality of parts as large organizations.
4. Robotics – Robotics engineers build light and complex parts such as grippers and sensor mounts using 3D printers using cost-effective 3D printers.
5. Education – Educational institutions use high-quality 3D printers to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies. These printers can build educational instruments or models for research purposes.
Numerous vendors provide affordable industrial-grade 3D printers online for customers to order with ease and use as per their requirements.
Industrial-grade 3D printers are available at economical rates and provide reliable and fast additive manufacturing in secure working environments.