No matter how excellent your event preparation is, if only a few people know about it, it’s no good. And that’s the last thing you want if you are organizing an event.
With the pandemic changing the way we live, it sure does change the way we do events. Now, not only do you need to send your printed invites, but you also need to be creative in spreading the word and promoting the event using digital marketing. With the technology and many platforms now available, it is easier to get your event noticed.
If you want to market your event and boost its visibility, here are four of the best event marketing tips to help you boost your attendance.
4 Tips to Boost Your Event’s Visibility
1. Create An Event Website.
Whether it is a tradeshow or a conference, you need a go-to point for your target attendees — an event website. Then, they can turn to it for information if they have any queries. This is why an event website should be well-designed and contain all the necessary details.
What are the essential features of an event website? It should be fully responsive, dynamic, and customized. It is also best if it is optimized or SEO friendly and social media integrated.
Nowadays, it is easy to set up a website with the help of various pre-built templates and theme options. You don’t have to be a website developer to get a site running or to maintain one.
2. Use Event Marketing Software.
An event marketing software makes managing your event listing and marketing easy. It helps you organize, even multi-task, the many aspects of your event effectively and efficiently. This kind of software is versatile, combining various tasks like event creation, organizing, marketing, and analysis. This helps you save time and money.
Moreover, event management and automation software helps you automate your promotional activities, create the needed buzz and interest in your event, and consequently boost attendance.
3. Be Present On Social Media.
Did you know that 83% of surveyed Instagram users discovered new products and services on the platform?
Social media is almost everything these days. Many businesses now turn to social media to promote, attract customers, and extend their market reach. And this is also true for event promotion. Social media helps you build awareness about your event, increase website traffic, connect with your target audience and engage with them.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn have an extensive reach to drive engagement and visibility. These are places where you can reach a highly targeted population. With 4.2 billion active social media users worldwide, wouldn’t you want to take advantage of this inexpensive, fast, and effective way of reaching out to almost half of the world’s population?
But how should you utilize these platforms? Here are some ways to do it:
- Share your event.
- Use your event hashtag, but don’t overdo it. Hashtags make it easier to find information about your event. When you use one, be sure to do it creatively so it will stay on top of people’s minds.
- Place ads targeted by particular demographics suitable for your event.
- Partner with influencers or those with a large following on social media to draw attention to your event.
4. Utilize SEO Strategies On Your Event Website.
Many people use Google to find events that interest them and those happening around them. If you optimize your event website, it will show up in those search results.
SEO stands for search engine optimization. Its main goal is to rank a website on top of the search result pages by using organic or natural search results in search engines. The key to using SEO to improve your event’s visibility is to know what words people use to look for events and optimize your content for those keywords.
Some strategies to maximize your event marketing efforts using SEO are as follows:
- First, add relevant details to your landing pages.
- Then, optimize meta descriptions, as well as page titles, by including relevant keywords to them.
- Ask reputable websites, such as those of your sponsors, speakers, and affiliates, to link to your event website. Doing so lets the search engine know that other reliable sites trust your site.
- Provide a short written description, also known as alt text, to your videos and images to help search engines crawl and rank your site better.
Doing SEO is not an easy task, so you may want to consider getting an SEO specialist for your website.
Do you find these tips useful? We hope that these will greatly help you improve your event’s visibility, drive more ticket sales, and create a more successful event. Happy planning and promotion!